THE “I AM THE BOSS – THE REAL YOU” MAKEOVER CONTEST (THE “CONTEST”) IS INTENDED TO BE CONDUCTED IN CANADA ONLY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE CANADIAN LAW. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE OF THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID IN WHOLE OR PART WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
1. ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible for this Contest, an individual must:
(a) be a legal resident of the province of Ontario; and
(b) be of the age of majority in his/her province or territory of residence or older at the time of entry.
The I Am The Boss producers – Supermom Entrepreneur and 1320017 Ontario Limited (Mach One) “the Producers” shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Producers for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Producers reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
2. CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest begins at 5:30 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on Monday, March 7, 2016 and ends at 12:00p.m. EST on Friday, April 15, 2016 (the “Contest Period“) after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted.
3. HOW TO ENTER.
(a) There is no purchase necessary to enter the Contest. Enter using any of the methods of entry outlined below. No entries will be accepted by any other means.
(b) Each entrant must submit an entry together with a picture and description of why you would like to win “the Real You” makeover contest (max. fifty (100) words) (the “Work”).
(c) Limit of one (1) entry per person during the Contest Period. In the case of multiple entries, only the first eligible entry will be considered.
(d) By participating in this Contest, entrant represents and warrants that: (i) the Work does not contain any material that is libelous, defamatory, profane or obscene; (ii) the Work is original and all right, title, and interest (including copyright) therein and thereto is owned and/or controlled by the entrant to the full extent necessary to enable the Producers to use the Work as contemplated by these Contest Rules; and (iii) the Work does not infringe upon the intellectual property or other statutory or common law rights of any third party.
(e) All entries, including the Work, become the sole property of the Producers and none will be returned for any reason. Entries must be received no later than the end of the Contest Period. Entries will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, mutilated, forged, garbled or mechanically or electronically reproduced. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants except with those selected for a Grand Prize.
(f) Entries submitted by mail must be received by the Producers no later than the end of the Contest Period, and must be in a separate outer envelope bearing sufficient postage.
(g) Entries received online shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the entry. For the purpose of the Contest Rules, “authorized account holder” of an e-mail address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Each selected entrant may be required to provide the Producers with proof that the selected entrant is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
(a) There are eleven (11) prizes (the “Prizes”, each a “Prize”) available to be won by the Prize winner (the “Winners”, each a “Winner”) each consisting of a live makeover at the Am The Boss Event, May 11, 2016, Paradise Banquet Hall, Vaughan, Ontario, Canada.
(c) Winner are not entitled to a monetary compensation for prize value.
(d) Winner must be available to participate in the Prize at the I Am The Boss Event, May 11, 2016 at the Paradise Banquet Hall in Vaughan between the hours of 8:30 a.m. EST and 6:00 p.m. EST and be available for a style consultation within 1 week of the event. Should a Winner be unable to participate on the dates and times designated by the Producers, the Prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Winner will be responsible for transportation to and from Paradise Banquet Hall in Vaughan and any other expense not explicitly included in the Prize.
(e) Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Producers. Any unused portion of a Prize will be forfeited and have no cash value. The Producers reserve the right, in its and their sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a Prize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason.
5. WINNER SELECTION.
One (1) Winner shall be selected as follows:
(a) On or about April 25, 2016, one (1) entrant will be selected by a random draw from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Each entrant shall be eligible to win only one (1) Prize. The odds of being selected as a potential winner are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received by the Producers. Before being declared a Winner, the selected entrant shall be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered during a pre-arranged telephone call or by e-mail, to comply with the Contest Rules and sign and return the Release (described below).
(b) THE SELECTED ENTRANT WILL BE NOTIFIED BY TELEPHONE or E-MAIL NO LATER THAN 5:00 P.M. EST ON MONDAY, APRIL 18 AND MUST RESPOND WITHIN TWO (2) BUSINESS DAYS OF NOTIFICATION. Upon notification, the selected entrant must respond by telephone to the contact number provided in the notification and the selected entrant’s response must be received by the Producers within two (2) business days of such notification. If the selected entrant does not respond in accordance with the Contest Rules, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a Prize and another entrant may be selected in the Producers’ sole discretion until such time as an entrant satisfies the terms set out herein. The Producers are not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive notification or for the Producers to receive a selected entrant’s response.
(c) If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the Contest, there are more selected entrants than contemplated in these Contest Rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible Prize claimants after the Contest’s closing date to award the correct number of Prizes.
6. RELEASE. The Winner will be required to execute a legal agreement and release (“Release”) that confirms Winner’s: (i) eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these Contest Rules; (ii) acceptance of the Prize as offered; (iii) release of each of the Producers and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and each of their employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, Producers, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and (iv) grant to the Producers of the unrestricted right, in the Producers’ collective or individual discretion, to produce, reproduce, publish, reproduce, convert, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, translate, adapt and otherwise use and re-use the Work and Winner’s name, photograph, likeness, voice and biography in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof. The executed Release must be returned within two (2) business days of the verification as a Winner or the selected entrant will be disqualified and the Prize forfeited.
7. INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT. By entering the Contest, entrant releases and holds Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize, participation in the Contest, any breach of the Contest Rules, or in any Prize-related activity. The entrant agrees to fully indemnify Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest, without limitation.
8. RIGHTS CLEARANCE. By providing the Work to the Producers in connection with the Contest, each entrant shall retain all right, title and interest (including copyright) in and to the Work, and shall grant to the Producers a worldwide, gratuitous, irrevocable, and exclusive licence to copy, use, modify, reproduce, display, adapt and transmit the Work for use in all media now known or hereafter devised in perpetuity beginning on the date of entry, including, but not limited to, in connection with the administration, promotion and exploitation of the Contest. The entrant hereby confirms that the Work is an original work, solely created by the entrant, and that no third party participated as an author, co-author, photographer or otherwise in the creation of the Work or any part thereof. Producers assume no responsibility for any claims of infringement of rights to copyright, privacy and/or personality, and all such liability shall remain with the entrant. In addition, each entrant represents to Producers that the Work do not infringe any copyright interest of any third party and that the Work is not defamatory or obscene and does not violate any laws relating to hate speech or otherwise. Producers reserve the right to exclude any Work on the basis of concerns relating to the rights of third parties, including but not limited to privacy, copyright, defamation, rights of personality, obscenity or hate speech, as determined by Producers in their sole discretion.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. The Producers assume no responsibility or liability for lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, replies or any Release, or for any computer, online, software, telephone, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry. The Producers are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest. The Producers assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Producers are not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing or otherwise. The Producers are not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. Entrant assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive any Prize. The Producers assume no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Producers, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest and/or the Event Website.
10. CONDUCT. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules, which will be posted at www.iamtheboss.ca/contest (the “Contest Website”) the Contest Period. Entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Producers, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Producers reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest and/or the Contest Website; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any I Am The Boss property or service; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST WEBSITE OR ANY RELATED WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE PRODUCERS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Winners must at all times behave appropriately when taking part in the makeover and observe the Contest Rules and any other rules or regulations in force at the studios and/or locations. The Producers reserve the right to remove from the studio premises, any Winner who breaks such rules and/or fails to behave appropriately and to disqualify such Winner.
11. PRIVACY / USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
(a) By participating in the Contest, entrant: (i) grants to the Producers the right to use his/her name, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address and photograph (“Personal Information”) for the purpose of administering the Contest, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the Winners; (ii) grants to the Producers the right to use his/her Personal Information for publicity and promotional purposes relating to the Contest, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without further compensation unless prohibited by law; and (iii) acknowledges that the Producers may disclose his/her Personal Information to third-party agents and service providers of any of the Producers in connection with any of the activities listed in (i) and (ii) above.
12. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Producers and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited. I Am The Boss is the property of SuperMom Entrepreneur.
13. LAW. These are the official Contest Rules. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Producers. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Producers in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
14. LANGUAGE DISCREPANCY. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.